Buying behavior has changed a lot over the last year with online buying predominantly preferred over in-store shopping. This has prompted many schools to re-evaluate their apparel options so that parents are able to buy online at any time that’s convenient for them. Schools also want apparel shipped to parents directly versus schools distributing the apparel.
In a recent episode of the Multipurpose Room podcast, hosts Debora Jones and Wes Jones of K-12 Clothing, talk with Karen Silveira, Senior Account Executive at SquadLocker, who has worked in the school uniform and custom apparel industry for over 25 years. There are many options for schools when it comes to making uniforms and other custom apparel available to students, staff, and families. And things are changing.
Schools across the country have been re-evaluating their needs during the pandemic and here’s what they want. Make sure your uniform provider is delivering:
- Great customer service: Parents and students need their questions answered in a timely matter when it comes to sizing, colors, availability, returns, and more.
- Wide variety of in-stock product: Many vendors require orders to be placed in May for arrival in August when school starts. That’s too long a lead time!
- Direct-to-home shipping: Nothing is better than having your school uniform arrive in your mailbox ready for school. Gone are the days of uniforms being mishandled and given to the wrong person.
- High quality apparel: With kids, wrinkle free, soil resistant, and comfortable but durable are all musts.
- Online purchasing: No one wants to fill out paper forms and stand in crowded lines anymore. We need the convenience of shopping online in the privacy and safety of our homes, 24/7.
SquadLocker was founded on these exact principles! We also partner with our schools to help promote your uniform program with a centralized website, provide coupon codes for kids who qualify for financial assistance and can purchase anonymously, give tips for measuring your child for sizing, offer an easy fundraising option, and more.
It’s a big deal to change school apparel providers, but if your provider isn’t changing with the times, it’s time to re-evaluate.
Listen to the full episode here.
About Multipurpose Room Podcast
Hosted by K-12 Clothing, the Multipurpose Room provides real-life issues that PTAs, PTOs, and school staff are dealing with and offers practical tips. For more information, visit: https://www.squadlocker.com/squad-blog/k-12-clothing-launches-new-podcast-for-ptas-ptos-and-school-staff
SquadLocker supports schools by managing the entire process of acquiring custom school uniforms, sports gear, and spirit wear – from instant online store creation to free graphic artwork assistance as well as decoration, production, and fulfilment. Learn more at https://www.squadlocker.com/solutions/schools.
Share this Story