The biggest shopping weekend of the year is almost here. Is your SquadLocker online custom apparel store ready?
Black Friday has increasingly drawn more online shoppers, and this year will prove even more so. According to the National Retail Federation, more Americans shopped online during Thanksgiving weekend last year than in physical stores – and that was without a pandemic.
This year, the shopping season is looking different in many ways with big sales having kicked off as early as October. Some items have sold out before Thanksgiving has even hit. Shipping times will be longer than we have grown to expect. Adding a hot item to your cart before an online sale has even begun is the new lining up at the store entrance.
What do the numbers look like? Here are some mind-blowing statistics and predictions around this holiday season compiled by CRO of SquadLocker, Jeanne Hopkins:
- 1. Black Friday beat Cyber Monday as the busiest online shopping day in 2019: 93.2 million shopped online on Black Friday vs. 83.3 million on Cyber Monday. (Source: National Retail Federation)
- 2. In 2020, 65% of shoppers will choose to buy products online instead of in-store to avoid crowds, while 64% will choose to purchase online for the comfort of shopping from home. (Source: Deloitte)
- 3. 66% of shoppers will increase their online purchases this year. (Source: Brightedge)
- 4. Online holiday spend will surpass $189B in 2020, up 33% YoY. (Source: Adobe)
- 5. While at home, consumers plan to treat themselves to beverages (33%), food (30%), and clothes (30%). (Source: Deloitte)
- 6. Women make up the majority of Black Friday shoppers, but men are quickly closing the gap with 45.1% male this year. (Source: Much Needed)
- 7. Small businesses can experience a +107% revenue boost over the holiday season, and 38% of consumers will make a deliberate effort to shop at smaller retailers throughout the season. (Source: Adobe)
- 8. More than 201 million Americans (79%) plan to purchase gifts this holiday, spending an estimated $167 billion, a little less than the $184 billion Americans planned last holiday season. (Source: NerdWallet)
- 9. Free or fast shipping expectations are increasing with 64% of consumers refusing to pay extra for expedited shipping. (Source: NerdWallet)
- 10. 82% of consumers plan to finish purchasing holiday gifts after Black Friday, with 6% saying they will not be done until after Christmas. (Source: PYMNTS)
- 11. According to the 2020 Deloitte holiday retail survey, clothing and accessories are likely to attract the largest portion of holiday spend with 43% buying as a gift and 37% wanting to receive clothes or accessories.
Prep your SquadLocker store for Black Friday
SquadLocker makes it easy for store administrators to be ready for Black Friday and Cyber Monday so that everyone in your community can purchase from a wide range of custom apparel and accessories for everyone on their list. Make sure you’ve added lots of items for your community to choose from and don’t forget to promote your store!
Here are 10 tips to get your community engaged and buying from your SquadLocker online store this holiday season:
Share this Story