Our 4 Day Football Training Guide is designed specifically for high training on the muscles most effective on the football field in the least amount of time and in the safest manner possible.
- Rope Waves with Squat, 2 Sets @ 30 Seconds – Grab a heavy rope at one end and extend it out in front of you. From waist high, lift the end up rapidly to head height and quickly drop it back down to waist height to make waves. At the same time, do a slow squat and return to a standing position over the course of 30 seconds for 1 set.
- Butt Kick Jog, 2 Sets @ 15 Yard Reps – Do a slow jog 15 yards out and kick your heels up in an attempt to make contact with your butt. Each 15 yard distance equals 1 set.
- Inch Worms, 2 Sets @ 6 Reps – Stand up straight and bend at the waist until your hands touch the floor. You can bend your knees for this. Walk your torso out and away from your legs on your hands, then walk your lower body to your hands using your legs. Stand up straight and repeat. Each bent over walk is 1 rep.
Rest 90 seconds after warming up.
- Weighted Toe Touches, 2 Sets @ 50 Reps – Grab a barbell weight, dumbbell or kettlebell, lay flat on your back and with bent knees, raise your legs toward your chest. At the same time, do a sit up and touch your toes. Each toe-touch is 1 rep.
- Weighted Russian Twist, 2 Sets @ 50 Reps – In a sitting position with knees bent and on the floor, grab a weight and lean back at 45 degrees. Twist your body from side to side gently touching the weight to the floor with each twist. Each side to side motion is 1 rep.
- Weighted Crunch, 2 Sets @ 30 Reps – Lay on your back with knees bent and feet on the floor. Grab a weight and lift your shoulders approximately 4 to 6 inches off the floor, tightening your abs with each rep.
Rest 90 Seconds after the core work out.
- Pro Agility Cone Drill, 5 minute Session – Set up 3 cones at 5 yards apart in a straight line. Start at the center cone, sprint to the cone on the right, and touch the floor with your hand. Move around the cone and sprint to the cone at the far left, touching down once again. Sprint back to the center cone and touch down. Repeat and continue for 5 minutes.
Use only the correct amount of weight determinate on your strength. Don't show off and overdo it or you can potentially strain or tear a muscle. As you get stronger you can add weight.
- Barbell Bent Over Rows, 4 Sets @ 8 Reps – Stand and bend at the waist. Pick up the bar from the floor and lift it into your abdomen while keeping your elbows tucked in at the sides. Each row is 1 rep.
- Barbell Shrugs, 4 Sets @ 8 Reps – Grab a barbell and hold it at your waist with arms straight. Pull the bell upwards using only your shoulder muscles in a “shrug.” The top of your shoulders should come nearly level with your ear lobes. Slowly lower the bar for 1 rep.
- Inverted Rows, 4 Sets @ 8 Reps – You can use either a low bar or TRX cables here. Lay on your back, grasp the bar/cables with palms facing inwards and pull yourself up quickly to your chest. Let yourself down slowly for 1 rep.
Rest 90 seconds
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls, 4 Sets @ 12 Reps – With palms facing your body at your side, grab a dumbbell in each hand and lift them up to your shoulders. DO NOT twist the dumbbells. Keep your palms facing your body during the entire motion so that the ends of the bars touch your shoulders. Lower and repeat for 12 reps.
- Back Squats, 4 Sets @ 8 Reps – Rest a barbell on your shoulders comfortably while keeping your back straight. Slowly do a squat and then come back up to a standing position for 1 rep.
- Dumbbell Farmers Walk, 4 Sets @ 15 Yards – Pick up a dumbbell in each hand and hold it with arms straight at your sides. Walk for 15 yards with knees slightly bent for 1 rep. Ideally, very heavy weighted dumbbells should be used for maximum effect. However, never start out heavy until you are comfortable doing this exercise and your legs and arm muscles can handle it.
Rest 90 seconds
- Dumbbell Step-Ups, 4 Sets @ 12 Reps – Place a plyobox or a step aerobic platform in front of you. Grab a dumbbell in each hand and using one leg at a time, step up onto the platform until you are standing on top of it. Step down and use the alternate leg to step onto the platform for 1 complete rep.
- Chest Support Reverse Flies, 4 Sets @ 12 Reps – Lay on an incline bench chest first. Grab dumbbells from the floor and while keeping your arms straight out, lift the dumbbells into a butterfly. Return the weights to the floor for 1 rep.
- Pull Ups, 4 Sets @ 8 Reps – Do pull ups, 8 reps at a time for 1 set. On each set alternate the grip on the bar from palms in to palms out.
Day 4 of your 4 Day Football Training regimen is complete!
No matter what condition you are in, your body needs to recover. After 4 days of intensive training, give your body a rest day. Now, that doesn't mean to forgo exercise altogether. You can do light jogging, stretching, swimming and a host of other types of activities that will allow your muscles to recover while keeping your fitness levels high.
Just remember, and this cannot be stressed enough, but it is very important to your overall training that your body gets the rest it needs. So take a day off after your 4 day training regimen, and ultimately your body will thank you for it on the field during competition, where it counts the most.
Subscribe below to receive our Bonus addition to the 4 Day Football Training Guide ~ The Cool Down.