SquadLocker exists to support innovation and a winning experience for sports teams and fans. We know that when someone has a really great idea, you just naturally want to pick up on it for yourself. So when we saw how Champion is partnering with Fan Controlled Football (FCF) to create fan-designed uniforms, we simply had to pass it along.
You can do this, too!
OK, so your organization isn’t an elaborate immersive sports and entertainment start-up like FCF. Who cares? You have plenty of fans, and they’re as loyal as can be. Your tribe. Your nation. Eager to be a part of whatever you have going.
And whether you’re focused on a single sport and age range or your league includes umpteen different sports, teams and players of all ages, creating collaborative uniforms is a team building activity like no other.
It may not be a game-changer, but it will score big with everyone involved, and it’s just plain fun. Who couldn’t use a little more fun in their life just now?
Here’s how Champion and FCF are working it:
- Fans submitted ideas to name FCF’s four team, then voted to pick their favorites
- Artists and designers submitted logo designs for the newly-picked team names, and fans voted again to choose their favorite designs
- Champion Athleticwear is using the fan-selected team names and logo designs to create official practice gear, uniforms fanwear
- FCF will sell the gear in their online store
It’s so easy to put yourself in this picture
1. You don’t need new names, unless your organization is just getting started like FCF. In that case, asking for name ideas is a great way to get the engagement ball rolling with fans.
2. While you may not want your peewee football team designing the league logos, you can ask for help designing spirit wear, including custom slogans on apparel, etc.
You can ask also your players and fans to help choose which spirit wear to stock in your store -- apparel and accessories that will carry your regular decoration styles as well as new fan-inspired design(s).
FCF is using complex, interactive software for their collaborative process. For you, social media is the obvious choice. Fans can submit their design or slogan ideas and then vote. You can post potential apparel/gear items (or direct folks to a special web page) and invite everyone to vote on them.
3. You may choose Champion brand uniforms and spirit wear, but SquadLocker offers a wide range of other top-quality brands, too. Uniforms, practice gear, fanwear, accessories. You can stock your store with exactly the items you want and need, at prices that make sense for your organization. And every piece will be custom decorated as you wish.
4. You, too, have an online store just waiting to sell your collaborative designs. (Hey, maybe FCF copied your great idea!) You could even use your new design as a fundraiser, to help support your organization during this unplanned pandemic-inspired extended downtime.
Thank your collaborators
FCF and Champion have big budgets, so they are giving cash rewards to contest winners along with free gear and personal thank-yous from celebrities. All nice, but you don’t have to break the budget or go nuts to reward your winners.
Any fan would love to get a complimentary jersey or fanwear item featuring the new design (and maybe a digital coupon to purchase more custom decorated goodies). Public thanks and adulation will go over well, too. The best reward will be seeing the team or fellow fans wearing their winning design.
You and your fans are the ultimate collaboration
But do let SquadLocker add the pro-quality finishing touches. Whatever your fans come up, our in-house team of sports-minded graphic design experts will make sure your new design looks 100% professional, every time on every item.
Share this Story